Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ketlo feeling confident in Spruce Kings’ crease

by Ted Clarke of the Prince George Citizen

“That surprised me a lot because I’m a 16-year-old rookie and I didn’t think they’d go with a 16-year-old and and a 17-year-old in goal,” Ketlo said. “I didn’t think they’d give a young guy the starting spot, it just came to me eventually.”

It was a big night for the young goalie, but last week’s 32-save win over the Salmon Arm Silverbacks ranks higher on the Ketlo scale of Spruce Kings achievements.

He still has plans to return to the WHL next season with the Regina Pats but so far he’s enjoying the ride with the Kings. So are his family and friends, who make the trek every game from the Nadleh area, a 90-minute drive west of the city near Fraser Lake.

More...

No comments: