Monday, December 3, 2007

Spruce Kings sidetracked by Westside

by Ted Clarke of the Prince George Citizen

“The trade was a total surprise, I had no idea it was coming, so I was a little shocked (Saturday) when I found out,” said Arduin. “But obviously coming to a good situation and a winning team in Westside I couldn’t be happier about it.

“I went from 4 1/2 hours away being my closest game in Trail, to 4 1/2 hours being our farthest game in Westside so I’m happy about that. Trail and P.G. are a long ways apart and I didn’t think I’d play (Sunday), but after three hours of sleep and a couple delays I got here with about three minutes left in the warmup.”

The Warriors were without speedy winger Chris Shudo. The former Spruce King sprained his ankle in Saturday’s game in Quesnel, a 5-4 overtime win for the Warriors, who made their final visit to the Coliseum this regular season. Westside was also missing its top defenceman, the injured Cory Pritz

More...

No comments: