Monday, October 22, 2007

Team Canada West

by Harpreet Sidhu of the Penticton Western News

Rota said Hextall’s name was mentioned when last year’s team was being made.

“I’ve watched him play for the last two years. His name was brought forward for a potential player last year as a feisty role player. He’s really improved his hockey skills. He’s a solid two-way player,” said Rota. “We really like his leadership. I like his grit and determination and he’s really improved his skill level. I really enjoy the way he competes and he’s got great passion for the game. He’s a really worthy person to have on the team.”

“We’re looking at him to play more of a defensive situation. I told Trevor that he’ll be playing on a line that will be playing more of a defensively player and killing penalties and being a physical presence in a game,” said Rota. “If he chips in a few goals that’s great. I really enjoy Trevor’s work ethic.”

More...

No comments: