Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hanagan the hero for ’Backs

by Richard MacKenzie of the Salmon Arm Observer

“All the guys stepped up,” said the modest Hanagan when asked his winning goals and overall strong play (had four goals in the two games) in the absence of some of the team’s top players. “Jeff Smith (who had a two goal effort versus Trail), Kelly Zajac, everybody really... and it was especially important with Penticton dropping a few games like they did. We wanted to take advantage of that.”

“The players have been great,” he said. “They’re getting to know me while I get to know them. For me, I don’t really look at the record but rather what areas can we improve on as a team. No matter how good you are, you can always get better. That’s the focus Matt (Hughes, assistant coach) and I have taken.”

More...

No comments: