Thursday, November 22, 2007

Island horror show hits Vipers

by Staff of the Vernon Morning Star

The night before, their hotel in Victoria flooded. No report if California rookie Kyle Bigos had pushed the wrong button on the ice machine, causing the flood.

Vernon’s leading scorer Hunter Bishop, who was ejected late in the second period from Friday night’s game for a questionable charging major in a 4-3 overtime loss to the Nanaimo Clippers, was playing on less sleep than his teammates after a suspicious character tried breaking into his hotel room at 2 a.m. Saturday.

Ferner was explaining some penalty-killing tactics to Bishop and Connor Jones on Sunday when referee Cris Hahn skated by the Viper bench.

“I looked up and he said, ‘You gotta go.’ I said, ‘What did I do?’ I knew there was a rule, but I thought you had to sit out the next game. I wasn’t going to argue my way out of that one.”

More...

No comments: