Monday, November 26, 2007

Schultz pegged to be early pick in NHL Entry Draft

by Kevin Parnell of the Kelowna Capital News

“I came into the dressing room and everyone was talking about it,” he said. “It’s kind of surprising. I’ve dreamed about this but I’ve never really thought about it becoming a reality. It’s a little overwhelming. I try to put it in the back of my mind and worry about what’s happening on the ice.”

Last season Schultz led his Westside Midget AAA team in scoring. This year he has 16 points in the Warriors first 26 games and the Warriors coaches continue to talk about the improvement nearly every game out.

He has decided to continue to play junior A with the Warriors despite being courted by the Kootenay Ice, who have him on its WHL protected list.

More...

No comments: