Monday, November 12, 2007

Kings take Vees to OT

by Alistair McInnis of the Prince George Free Press

De Vries, who finished with a goal and two assists, described his tying goal this way: “I was so tired and the puck got rimmed around. [The Vees] passed it out to Fraser, they kind of gave it away to him, and I ended up floating behind the net where I shouldn’t be. But then I went back to the front of the net, and [Fraser’s] pass cross ice came right out in front, I just kind of backhand tipped it through the five-hole [of Penticton goalie Bryan Mountain].”

Surrendering a pair of tying goals late in the game didn’t sit well with Penticton head coach Fred Harbinson.

“We gave away a point to them,” he said. “We were fortunate to get two [points] but you know what, we gave up two late goals. With our hockey club we’re trying to pride ourselves on solid defence and four goals a game against is not what we’re looking for here.”

More...

No comments: